Shīʿī Spirituality for the Twenty-First Century
- Availability: In Stock
Shīʿī Spirituality for the Twenty-First Century is a collection of talks and articles that reflect upon the teachings of Prophet Muhammad, his daughter Fatima, his granddaughter Zaynab and the Twelve Imams...
Shīʿī Spirituality for the Twenty-First Century is a collection of talks and articles that reflect upon the teachings of Prophet Muhammad, his daughter Fatima, his granddaughter Zaynab and the Twelve Imams (as). It considers how our lives may be illuminated and our hearts strengthened in the fraught atmosphere of an often toxic modern age.
Twenty lectures and two articles reflecting upon definitions of truth and existence in light of the Shi'i tradition, and critiquing some accepted 'norms' of the world in which we live today.
1. Transforming our Way of Being
2. Entering the Prophetic Path
3. The Return to Our Primordial Nature
4. The Ethics of Brotherhood in Islam according to ‘Ali ibn Abi Talib
5. The Place for Islam in the Modern World
6. Being Muslim in a Secular Environment
7. Divine Justice
8. Mawlid: Celebrating the Birth of Prophet Muhammad
9. Ghadīr: Fulfilling the Sunna of Allah
10. The Heart of Walaya
11. Imamate as the Protecting Vessel of the Heart
12. The Ontological Imam
13. Zuhd in the Life of Imam ‘Ali
14. Humanity in Nahj al-Balagha
15. The Esoteric and Symbolic Significance of Fatima
16. Imam al-Husayn’s Stand against Materialism
17. Sayyeda Zaynab: Preserving a Gift of the Ahl al-Bayt: Seeing the Inward Reality of Things
18. Conversations with Imam Ja‘far al-Sadiq
19. Initiation and the Qualities of the Shi‘a
20. Following the Scholars in the Time of Occultation
1. A Comparative Exploration of the Spiritual Authority of the Awliyā’
in the Shī‘ī and Sūfī traditions.
2. Walāya as a Response to the Self-Other Dichotomy in European Philosophy